Make Your Own Puzzles
Make your own puzzles! These puzzles are an easy STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) activity and a fun challenge for all ages. All you need for supplies are popsicle sticks, crayons or markers, and tape! If you don’t have popsicle sticks, you could also draw a picture on thin cardboard and then cut it into strips for the same effect!
- popsicle sticks
- markers or crayons
- Lay out your popsicle sticks (we used 12); use an extra popsicle stick or ruler to line them up straight.
- Use two lines of tape across all of the sticks.
- Flip over so tape is facing down.
- Draw your picture.
- Repeat above steps if you would like a two sided puzzle.
- Scramble the sticks and put your puzzle together!
To increase the challenge for older kids and adults, make your puzzle double sided and mix the sticks all around. It took me awhile to put my rainbow heart/ rainbow back together!
They can also easily be placed in an envelope and mailed to a friend or family for a holiday, birthday, or anytime gift!
This activity is from 100 Easy STEAM Activities by Andrea Scalzo Yi.