Many of us are celebrating Easter this weekend and that often means decorating Easter eggs. Now, what are you going to do with your egg carton? You are going to make a beautiful nature treasure box!
- Egg carton
- Piece of paper
- Decorating supplies (paint, stickers, markers, crayons, etc.)
- Nature treasure!
1. Lay your treasure box (a.k.a. egg carton) lid down on a piece of paper and trace around it. Cut the traced shape out - this will be your treasure box lid art. You may wish to write your name, draw a picture, or write "secret treasure" on your treasure box lid. Set this aside while you work on the rest of your treasure box!
2. Decorate the rest of your treasure box! We pained ours with watercolours but you can also use stickers, crayons, markers, or anything your imagine to decorate your treasure box!
3. Glue or tape your treasure box lid art on. Add any finishing touches!
4. Gather treasure in your box! Maybe you have a favourite rock, an acorn, or a pine cone? Maybe a beautiful leaf or shell? This is a safe place to keep all of the treasures you find while you are out exploring!